Thursday, July 28, 2011

And So It Begins

What I intend on doing with this blog is examining common themes/ideas/items in our lives that have more substance than what we first realized.

I plan on putting them in different categories.  Below are a few categories that I have in mind and what topics will be discussed under each:
  • Music: Song meanings, song origins, cultural impact of music
  • Language: Origins of words or phrases
  • Symbolism: Examination of how certain symbols have progressed through the years, encompassing everything from religious archetypes to modern day icons
  • Weird: Ghosts, UFOs, cryptids, pretty much anything that is a part of the lunatic fringe.
The reason why I wish to start this is so that I can better understand the world around me. It has always amazed me how something we take for granted could have an extraordinary origin.

No comments:

Post a Comment